The Upland Hunter SD-1875 is pinnacle of the SportDog Brand. The efficiency of this Hunting Dog Collar will provide a situation-programmable transmitter that controls a compact, waterproof collar receiver and at the same time remotely operates a rugged, waterproof audible beeper. By choosing ever second beeping, when your dog is on point, the beeper allows you to find your dog pointing birds in heavy cover. Control and flexibility are always at your fingertips.
The Upland Hunter SD-1875 remote control works in combination with its electronic training collar. The transmitter allows you to turn the beeper on and off remotely as the cover changes or as your dog extends his range from you. This collar is designed for upland bird hunters but can also be used for those who want the ability to locate their dog using a loud audible sound when their dog is out of sight. The “locate” feature is an additional feature we really like. This can be used when all modes are off and the only time the beeper sounds is when you press the “Locate” button on the left side of the handheld. This is a great feature when hunting wild birds when silence is imperative, but you still want to be able to locate your dog in heavy cover.
SportDog 1875 Upland Hunter features:
• Waterproof transmitter
• Blaze orange finish
• 1 mile range – One mile range, which is ample for most dog training or hunting situations. Actual range depends on the training conditions, including weather, terrain, presence of cover, etc.
• Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries (lasts 3-5 years and can be changed by user)
• Low battery indicator light
• It’s about the size of a small walkie-talkie or large cell phone (the high-impact plastic with “no-slip grip” fits in the palm of your hand and weighs only 4.8 ounces)
• Built-in toggle switch (easy to upgrade to up to 3 dogs and select between color-coded straps when using with more than one dog)
• Transmitter modes - Fit your own needs with the SportDog 1875 by customizing the transmitter. The wide range of stimulation levels and transforming your one dog system into a two or three dog unit with or without the Add-A-Beeper is a great feature.
• Waterproof collar/receiver
• Blaze orange finish
• Rugged molded casing, built to withstand all kinds of training and hunting conditions
• Change stimulation settings at the collar. The collar has a low, medium and high setting which allows you the option of finding the correct range of stimulation.
• Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries (lasts 3-5 years and can be changed by user & get 40-60 hours “on time” between charges)
• Internal antenna system
• Built-in LED is a battery charge indicator and test light
• Weighs 4.8 ounces with a 3/4 inch collar strap
SportDog SD-1875 Upland Hunter Beeper collar
The SD-1875 Beeper has 9 different sound options that should fit the needs of most hunters and also allow folks to find a sound that they can hear best based on their particular hearing. Another advantage of multiple sounds is that you can easily identify different dogs based simply on sound.
SD-1875 Beeper Sounds:
• High Volume Beep
• High volume Hawk
• Double High Beep
• Bob White Quail Call
• High Falling to Low Beep
• Triple Beep
• Double High Falling to Low Beep
• Low Volume Beep
• Low Volume Hawk
• The Add-A-Beeper “run Mode” gives you the choice of three selectable modes:
• --Silent, No beep when dog is running/beeps once per second when dog is on point.
• --5 second, Beeps every 5 seconds when dog is running/once per second when dog is on point.
• --10 second, Beeps every 10 seconds when dog is running/once per second when dog is on point.
• An additional feature we really like on the SD 1875 is that all of the modes mentioned above can easily be discontinued and the only time the beeper sounds is when you press the "Locate" button on the right side of the handheld. This is a great feature when hunting particularly wild birds when silence is imperative, but you still want to be able to locate your dog in heavy cover. The locate only feature can be remotely operated from the handheld transmitter on a SportDOG 425, 825,1225,1825, 1875, 2525, or 3225 system.
The SD-1875 beeper is designed to be heard at a very long distance- around 500 yards would be common in very open situations. A number of factors affect the distance that you will hear the beeper. Your own hearing, wind, the cover and dog’s location.
Features of SportDog SD-1875 Upland Hunter
• Waterproof and submersible collar, transmitter, and beeper
• No external collar antenna to get your dog hung up on
• One mile range (beeper range is around 500 yards)
• Expandable to use with up to three dogs
• Push-button on/off switch activated at the collar
• Customizable transmitter settings – choose from 12 pre-set modes
• Up to 14 levels of continuous or momentary stimulation
• Instantly change stimulation intensity from the transmitter
• Tone and vibration options including modes that feature both
• Built in toggle switch
• Rechargeable, user replaceable lithium-ion batteries in collar, transmitter, and beeper
• Two hour rapid charge system
• Docking station collar charger
• Low battery detect indicators on both transmitter and receiver
• Backed by a two year manufacturer warranty
SportDog SD-1875 Upland Hunter comes with:
• SportDog SD-1875 Transmitter
• SportDog SD-1875 Extra Collar
• SportDog beeper
• Transmitter antenna
• Short & long contact points
• 3/4 inch grey strap that fits up to 23” neck
• User replaceable, rechargeable batteries in the collar, transmitter, and beeper
• Dual lead battery charger – Saves time because you can charge the collar, transmitter, and beeper at the same time from one plug
• Collar charging cradle with additional beeper plug
• Belt clip & lanyard for the transmitter
• Test light
• SportDog Owner’s Manual/Operating Guide
• “Behavior & Training Guide” booklet by Charles Jurney with Rick Smith and Tom Dokken and Chris Akin